Our family

Our family

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Live fully...

Life as a family of 6. Wow. I still find it hard to believe that there is 6 in our family, and that I'm the mom of 4. It's good. Not always easy. Not always cheery. But good. Because that's where God has put us. We're growing. Alot. And there have been bumps, but we usually have a soft landing in a hug, a tear shed, words of forgiveness, and hope. There's lots of humble pie being eaten by yours truly. And a lot of reflection on what life is all about. Who it's for. And that there's good in the bad too.
http://onethousandgifts.com/the-book
I've been reading a most excellent book that has really affected my way of thinking and I highly recommend it! It's worth picking up, reading slowly, and learning from it, applying it to your own life. God has so much for us in the moments. I've started my own list. So many things to appreciate, to feel gratitude for, countless ways that God loves.

6. Soft fuzzy hair on baby's head
















Moments slip by constantly. Moments to capture and appreciate. To be thankful for. This is an exercise that is helping me to live fully in the moment.

15. Sports Day chants






















14. Rascally smiles from Liam























40. clean shampooed hair
41. cloth beneath my hand shining my kitchen floor
42. hum of the computer
43. peaceful newborn slumber























God is in the moment. Capture the moment - This is where God is.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos! Naomi looks so confident, and the last photo of Elias is enough to melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pics Esther !!!!!! I love that book. I love how your documenting little tidbits. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete